Monday, April 23, 2007
:)
HEY PEOPLE! :D:D.
It's really amazing that we have managed to pull YL Night off. Not that I'm doubting any of our capabilities, but after 3 hectic and frenzied weeks (more like 2, actually) of planning and dancing, it's just kind of surreal to see it happen. Despite the sudden changes in the programme/ the elusive, yet highly sought after projector/ um, troubling dance sequences/decoration woes/ souvenir madness, I think YL Night has been pretty smooth-sailing, Haha. Ultimately, we were not working in our preset groupings of Apaches, Cherokees, Comanches, Navajos, Pawnees and Shawnees, but as a wholesome entity, WE. Sometimes, during a particularly hair-yanking and heart-ripping moment of painting the souvenirs, you get ready to bang your head against the wall, until you see the rest of WE slogging alongside you-- AHH. The true meaning of friendship and camaraderie. We may not be the fittest batch or the most knowledgeable one. But one thing about our batch that each and everyone of us can be proud of is the fact that we are always united as one, be it in the face of adversities or in helping one another out.
That comprises the true YL spirit, I suppose. I never really knew why YL Night was so crucial in concluding the whole YL experience, until I've experienced it. YLTC helped lay the bonds for us. And YL Night completes and strengthens them. The past few months of working alongside all of you have been extremely exciting, enjoyable and fruitful. It has been fantastic to know each and everyone of you and your quirky antics and personality. Through it all, I'm sure that although the passage of time will fade our memories of YL Night, they'll forever be lurking around in that special crevice in your heart, ready to surprise you when triggered off by a catalyst. You never know twenty years down the road in a particularly sleazy strip of road in Thailand, the image of Ms. HAWTIE will spring to your mind in full clarity, triggered off by the busty transvestite leering at you. Just remember not to smile foolishly though, it may lead to certain undesirable effects.
Well, this coming Wednesday/ Thursday will decide all our fates. Whatever the outcome, everyone, just keep on smiling and grasping on to the short but sweet memories we have shared together. We've come a long and wonderful way, and for that, I sincerely thank each and every one of you for the beautiful memories you have given me. Always remember, the WE! spirit, shall NEVER die. <3<3.
-Li Tang-
It's really amazing that we have managed to pull YL Night off. Not that I'm doubting any of our capabilities, but after 3 hectic and frenzied weeks (more like 2, actually) of planning and dancing, it's just kind of surreal to see it happen. Despite the sudden changes in the programme/ the elusive, yet highly sought after projector/ um, troubling dance sequences/decoration woes/ souvenir madness, I think YL Night has been pretty smooth-sailing, Haha. Ultimately, we were not working in our preset groupings of Apaches, Cherokees, Comanches, Navajos, Pawnees and Shawnees, but as a wholesome entity, WE. Sometimes, during a particularly hair-yanking and heart-ripping moment of painting the souvenirs, you get ready to bang your head against the wall, until you see the rest of WE slogging alongside you-- AHH. The true meaning of friendship and camaraderie. We may not be the fittest batch or the most knowledgeable one. But one thing about our batch that each and everyone of us can be proud of is the fact that we are always united as one, be it in the face of adversities or in helping one another out.
That comprises the true YL spirit, I suppose. I never really knew why YL Night was so crucial in concluding the whole YL experience, until I've experienced it. YLTC helped lay the bonds for us. And YL Night completes and strengthens them. The past few months of working alongside all of you have been extremely exciting, enjoyable and fruitful. It has been fantastic to know each and everyone of you and your quirky antics and personality. Through it all, I'm sure that although the passage of time will fade our memories of YL Night, they'll forever be lurking around in that special crevice in your heart, ready to surprise you when triggered off by a catalyst. You never know twenty years down the road in a particularly sleazy strip of road in Thailand, the image of Ms. HAWTIE will spring to your mind in full clarity, triggered off by the busty transvestite leering at you. Just remember not to smile foolishly though, it may lead to certain undesirable effects.
Well, this coming Wednesday/ Thursday will decide all our fates. Whatever the outcome, everyone, just keep on smiling and grasping on to the short but sweet memories we have shared together. We've come a long and wonderful way, and for that, I sincerely thank each and every one of you for the beautiful memories you have given me. Always remember, the WE! spirit, shall NEVER die. <3<3.
-Li Tang-




