Sunday, March 16, 2008

YLTC 08

I realised how crazily long my YLTC 08 post is (on my own blog) so I'm just gonna steal this snippet from it. You can read the rest by accessing my blog (poke me for blog address if interested/want to know. livejournal users add me! ^^). Anyways,

To Nava, you guys may be silly and always cause your GIs to slap their heads in frustration but nevertheless, thanks for the journey through YL pre-camps and YLTC itself. You' guys showed us how bonding through niao-ing is possible and your positive attitude helped keep the tiredness away. Thanks also for wanting to cheer us on, even at the wrong times. You guys have really shown impressive growth since the pre-camps and I do hope that you'll grow closer with time.
To Shawnees, I realised I never really got to know you guys all that well. In some ways maybe your ex-es trust too much of an expectation upon you guys (because Shawnees has had a long history of zai-ness) which led to some disappointment. Nevertheless, it's good to see that YL had some impact on you guys and that you actually do treasure the moments you shared together as one group. 飞吧红色团队!
To Zhen Chao, my fellow GI. Thanks for always offering to tank this and that for me - including mass sms-ing, printing of the action plans, carrying the bottles of water for me during land-ex so on and so forth. I wouldn't know what to do sometimes without you around since I'm hopeless at stuff such as thinking of PT for the group. You should learn to eat your vegs though, Nava's learning after you in this aspect >.<" Thanks also, for making sure that the First Aid aspects of YLTC went smoothly. To Liping and Lokky, our Saigang warriors! Thanks for your input and what not during Nava debriefs and sentry duties, also for cycling all the way in the rain to transport the water to our hut. Thanks to Liping as well for helping me collect some stuffs every now and then when I'm not around. I clear you of your 100 counts you owe me =D And Lao Ma, thanks for always popping by as much as you could despite your busy schedule with Huang Cheng (and for 'adopting' me xD)
To Shengwei and Shuliang, my fello land chiefs! Can't believe we managed to tank so much work during YL xD. Thanks to SW for helping me along with my pre-camp proposals and doing up the action plans for the pre-camps (and almost single-handedly doing up the prog for YLTC =O). Thanks to Shuliang who ended up tanking all the Land proposals because SW and I were busy. Must have been hard for you, especially with the sudden changes in program too.
To Rachel and Sherene, fellow dorm I/Cs ^^. You guys scolded so much that I didn't really feel the need to add on. Nevertheless, we still did rather silly things every now and then (like 'trainees! I give you 3 counts to laugh) and I don't think I'll ever forget the way Sherene laughed while scolding people. Funny xD
To Shawnees Exes - 33rd for helping out with the meet ex sessions which I didn't attend last year. Couldn't have done it without you guys, especially Cai Niao who took charge of most of these sessions. We may have been disappointed with Shawnees' performance this year but nevertheless, we still proved why we're Best Spirited Group no? ^^ 32nd for coming back and talking to Shawnees 08. Helped us tank that session when we were all sleepy and half dead with rotting feet stuck in icky shoes xD
To the Air Chiefs. You guys shared my anxiety when all the problems wtih Rock Climbing and the Pre-camps rolled by. Nevertheless, you guys showed how adaptable and flexible you are when faced with such situations and saved Rock Climbing during YL by changing it to Bouldering! Much thanks
To the Sea Chiefs who were prepared to accede to my request to have something sea-related during the Pre-Camps when our program started getting messed up. Kallang may not be one of the nicest places to kayak but allowing us to have our own fun on Sea Ex day 1 really meant something to us.
To PnO who I know I pushed a lot. It must have been extremely hard for you guys, having to organise Orienteering, the Botanical Gardens trip and the Knots session during the Pre-Camps and PnO during YL as well. You guys never really complained when I kept chasing for proposals and were extremely understanding so thank you =)
To First Aid who never really gave me much reason to worry. 2 of you weren't around much for camp but you still made your presence felt through the teaching of First Aid and organisation of a successful First Aid Mob and going through the trouble of writing detailed guidelines for each of the instructors!
To Survival for snickering along with me when I asked about whether water was going to be poured over the terribly built shelters. JK ^^ Both of you were Nava exes so I wonder how you felt watching Nava struggle with their traps. Funny images of Jacky acting as a 'strangled' animal with it's legs still touching the ground flood back to me at this point in time xD
To PTIs who always took the trouble to help recre with the PT and who never had the chance to sleep in (like we did) because you guys were conducting the PT sessions early in the morning. Thanks for pushing the limits of the trainees and training up their physical and mental strength through... PT!
To the QMs whom without, YLTC couldn't happen at all. Our quiet (mostly quiet, our Food I/C's rather noisy when she doesn't fall asleep and topple over during debrief xD) yet important people who listened to all our log requests and responded to emergencies quickly. Always having to do the Saigang, you guys never really did complain. Much thanks for looking after 'Instructors' Welfare' too ^^
To Mi Shu Xiao Jie for always looking after our attendance and tanking the camp booklet... and being understanding whenever I have to nag Nava to hand in this and that, stretching the deadlines just for the errant few. Also, thanks for being Shawnees' last man for both our own Roll Call and Dragon Roll Call (though we didn't do it in the end).
To SSX our money eater treasurer. Finances all went to you and to Lock, leaving us with a lot of cash to use for food 0.0 Eventhough there're many receipts outstanding, I'm sure we'll manage to empty your wallet sooner or later ^^
To our ACI and CI, our Lock correspondants! Thanks for tanking all the nitty-gritty stuff that no one really likes to do (such as talk to Lock when the accident happened X_X) and caring about the batch by shoving Vitamin C down our throats. Eventhough you guys don't really like public speaking that much, you still did all the talking to the 34th batch and whatnot so much thanks too.
To my classmates, who also stood by me when I broke down a week before YL and asked me to jiayou when you saw me running around school during the hols. Much love <3.To 33rd, I love you guys, more than can really be expressed. I know that all of us are thoroughly screwed for blocks but I guess it was worth it, wasn't it? My mind's in a mess with memories from last year's YL and this year's YL all mixed together but there's still one thing that overlaps within all this mess - that you guys were there for me at my lowest. Thanks for everything. Seriously. I couldn't thank you guys more because the words can't quite describe the gratitude and love I feel for all of you (this thank you list is much condensed >.<"). There's just 2 more official events to go but that's not going to stop us. 33rd all the way! There's no 'I', no 'you', no 'me'... Just <33
P.s. http://picasaweb.google.com/serana.oracion/YLTC08, though all from Land Ex. I'll upload those from my phone when I have the time (maybe the vids too, if they work) and update the album as I get more photos. =)

lai of WE!. 2:34 PM